I like to be a bit adventurous when it comes to choosing what to put in my smoothies depending on the way I feel and what there is in my fridge. I explore combining different tastes as well as colors. The Swiss chard in this drink gives it a depth of taste and also of color. A deep purple, it is velvety in texture, thanks to the banana and coconut milk.
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup of blueberries (wild or organic)
- 1 banana
- A large Swiss chard leaf
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves
- A tablespoon of chia seeds
- Remove the stalk from the Swiss chard leaf and chop finely.
- Add the ingredients to your blender.
- Add more liquid if too thick.
The blueberry is considered a superfood thanks to its high antioxidant and vitamin A, K, and C content. Low in sugar, blueberries are a perfect fruit for diabetics.